Here’s what happened with Roman Reigns and Seth Rollins after the January 14 edition of WWE SmackDown went off the air.
Rollins will challenge for Reigns’ Universal Championship at Royal Rumble on January 29. On SmackDown, The two former Shield teammates met face-to-face in the ring, before Rollins made his escape to avoid a beatdown by The Usos.
After the cameras stopped rolling, Rollins returned to the ring, prepared for another confrontation. Reigns approached the ring and stepped through the ropes, before deciding against it, and walking to the back while the crowd booed.
Fan footage of the encounter has been circulating on Twitter:
Roman Reigns and Seth Rollins have Fun after Smackdown Went Off Air ?#WWE pic.twitter.com/9cJtmSBibA
— Heel Wrestling ? NEWS ☝️ (@SachinLyngdohX) January 15, 2022
Earlier in the week, Reigns had passed 500 days as Universal Champion. By the time he faces Rollins at Royal Rumble, he will have held the gold for 517 days, which will be the single longest Universal Title reign in the championship’s history.
Stay up to date with every WWE title change of 2022 using our tracker at this link.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- AEW Name Reveals Upcoming Contract Expiry, Comments On Potential WWE Move
- Alarming Advice From Surgeons For Top AEW Star
- Carmella & Corey Graves Reveal The Sex Of Their First Child
- Mandy Rose Comments On Gigi Dolin Vs. Jacy Jayne NXT Cage Match After Not Even Being Mentioned
- Bret Hart Calls Current WWE Star One Of The Greatest Wrestlers Of All Time
- Injured AEW Star ‘Close’ To Returning
- Seth Rollins Issues Apology To AEW Star
- Major Star Says He Could ‘100% Make Magic’ With WWE’s Seth Rollins
- Pat McAfee Reacts To Unfortunate AEW Double Or Nothing 2023 Attendance Photo
- Blackpool Combat Club Match Announced For May 31 AEW Dynamite