Here’s what happened with Roman Reigns and Seth Rollins after the January 14 edition of WWE SmackDown went off the air.
Rollins will challenge for Reigns’ Universal Championship at Royal Rumble on January 29. On SmackDown, The two former Shield teammates met face-to-face in the ring, before Rollins made his escape to avoid a beatdown by The Usos.
After the cameras stopped rolling, Rollins returned to the ring, prepared for another confrontation. Reigns approached the ring and stepped through the ropes, before deciding against it, and walking to the back while the crowd booed.
Fan footage of the encounter has been circulating on Twitter:
— Heel Wrestling 👀 NEWS ☝️ (@SachinLyngdohX) January 15, 2022
Earlier in the week, Reigns had passed 500 days as Universal Champion. By the time he faces Rollins at Royal Rumble, he will have held the gold for 517 days, which will be the single longest Universal Title reign in the championship’s history.
Stay up to date with every WWE title change of 2022 using our tracker at this link.
- IMPACT Wrestling Taping SPOILERS & A Famous Faction Returns
- William Regal Compares Putting Over AEW Star Danhausen To Past WWE Comedy
- PROGRESS World Championship Declared Vacant at Chapter 134 Event
- AEW Dark: Elevation Stacked Card Includes ROH Women’s Championship Match
- Update On MJF AEW Contract Situation, Locker Room Not On MJF’s Side
- NXT Tag Team Titles Match For In Your House Event Announced
- Reason Behind Chris Jericho Keeping Judas After His Heel Turn Revealed
- NJPW Capital Collision Results: New IWGP United States Champion & AEW Stars Appear
- Paige Has A Suggestion For Ronda Rousey
- PROGRESS 134: No Mountain High Enough SPOILERS – Major Challenge Issued For Strong Style Weekend