Roman Reigns announcing his Leukemia is one of the most emotional moments in WWE history. In October 2018, Reigns relinquished the Universal Championship to undergo treatment for his leukemia. However, now he has revealed he would have wrestled through it.
During his appearance on After The Bell, Reigns was asked about missing WrestleMania this year but also pivoted to talk about how his enlarged spleen kept him from wrestling during his treatment. Here is the quote, courtesy of Fightful:
“It sucked. It was a two-night event, I imagine I would’ve closed one of those nights. I’m a four-star general and have main evented four WrestleManias. In my head, the fifth star was coming. It would have been merchandised. To not be involved…even the year before, to get healthy again and pretty much rush back, I could have taken a lot more time for myself, but that’s apart of the sacrifice and part of being at the top. You’re constantly thinking about everybody else and your contributions to the business and the company and to keeping up to where it needs to be.
That responsibility you’re given and you take when you wear those shoes as the face of WWE. There are only a few guys who understand that mindset and are willing to put everything on the line. Before I left for leukemia, I would have kept going. If it wasn’t for my spleen being enlarged and legitimately being endangered for me to have physical contact, I would have tried to keep wrestling if I could have. If it was physically possible for me to go through my treatments and still wrestle, I probably would have, I would have entertained it.”
Reigns did return just months later and was able to work WrestleMania 35. At the event, he was able to defeat Drew McIntyre.
What do you think of these comments from Roman Reigns? Let us know on Twitter!
- Irate Jon Moxley Responds To CM Punk In Expletive-Filled Retort
- What Happened In Cody Rhodes’ Massive Pre-WrestleMania Match Against Solo Sikoa
- Potential Spoiler On Change To WrestleMania 39 Match
- Major Change Confirmed For WrestleMania 39 Match
- Major AEW Star To Be Out ‘For A While’ After Suffering Legitimate Injury
- WWE Star Debuts New Entrance Theme On Pre-WrestleMania Raw
- Jon Moxley On AEW: ‘I Have Never Seen So Much Bulls**t Drama In One Place In My Entire F**king Life’
- Vince McMahon Era Rule ‘Effectively Dead’ Under Triple H
- Popular WWE Team To Potentially Reunite After WrestleMania
- NXT Star Makes Main Roster Debut