WWE has announced that Roman Reigns has been medically cleared for action, and will return on Friday’s episode of SmackDown.
Teasing a confrontation with Brock Lesnar, WWE shared the announcement on Twitter:
“BREAKING: @WWERomanReigns has been medically cleared and is set to return at tomorrow’s Friday Night #SmackDown. What will @BrockLesnar have in store for their explosive confrontation?”
This comes after Brock Lesnar revealing that he’ll be on SmackDown this week, after winning the WWE Championship at WWE Day 1.
Lesnar was originally set to challenge Reigns for the Universal Championship at the pay-per-view, however Reigns tested positive for COVID-19 on the day of the event. The Beast was instead added to the WWE Championship match, which he won, pinning Big E.
Lesnar will defend his gold against Bobby Lashley at Royal Rumble later this month.
— WWE (@WWE) January 6, 2022
- Dakota Kai Teases War Games For WWE Clash At The Castle
- William Regal Believes NXT UK Stars Have Been Treated Fairly
- Jon Moxley To Face Nick Gage In GCW Title Vs Career Match
- Ronda Rousey Pokes Fun At WWE ‘Budget Cuts’
- WWE Raw After WrestleMania 39 Location Revealed
- Matt Hardy Says Triple H Taking Over WWE Creative Opens The Door For Many Returns
- Corey Graves Having More Fun On WWE Commentary With Triple H In Charge
- Kane Provides Huge Update On Wrestling Future
- PROGRESS Chapter 137 Results: New World Champion Crowned
- Inaugural NJPW STRONG Openweight Tag Team Champions Crowned