The real reason for Universal Champion Roman Reigns’ absence from Friday’s (December 10) edition of WWE SmackDown has been revealed.
Reigns will defend his Universal Title against Brock Lesnar at WWE Day 1. The leader of the Bloodline didn’t appear on the most recent episode of SmackDown, just three weeks out from the major title bout.
As per Ringside News – which has had several backstage reports confirmed by the likes of Fightful and Dave Meltzer in recent times – the Tribal Chief missed the show due to a a ‘planned vacation or sabbatical’. WWE has reportedly known about these plans for at least two months.
Despite Reigns’ absence, projections using overnight ratings predict an increase in viewership for Friday’s episode. You can view these figures at this link.
A recent report has revealed why Reigns vs Lesnar was planned for WWE Day 1 instead of the Royal Rumble pay-per-view, which also takes place in January.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- VIDEO: Unseen Post-Raw Footage Of Tension Between Roman Reigns & Solo Sikoa
- The Rock’s Daughter WWE In-Ring Debut Announced
- Roxanne Perez Addresses NXT Absence
- Tony Khan Comments On Goldberg Free Agent Status
- WWE Stars Say The New Day Ruined Their Lives & Maybe Kofi Kingston’s Injury Was Karma
- NXT TV Debut On Tonight’s Show (March 21)
- First Look At WWE SummerSlam 2023 Logo
- Major AEW Star To Miss Tonight’s Dynamite (March 22)
- New WWE Signing In-Ring Debut Announced
- WWE Stars Show Off Gruesome Injuries After Hard Hitting Match