Ronda Rousey has recalled her scrapped pitch for her SmackDown Women’s Championship ‘I Quit’ bout at WrestleMania Backlash.
During the May 8 Premium Live Event, Rousey forced Charlotte Flair to quit to win the SmackDown Women’s Title for the first time in her career.
In the lead-up to the bout, both attacked Drew Gulak on SmackDown TV, with Flair locking him in her Figure-8 LegLock on the April 15 show, and Rousey attempting her armbar during the April 22 contract signing.
Speaking on a Facebook stream, the SmackDown Women’s Champion noted that she pitched for Gulak to get involved in her and Flair’s clash, noting:
It’s funny, I pitched him (Drew Gulak) getting involved, getting thwacked… I pitched him getting involved for the ‘I Quit’ match (at WrestleMania Backlash). Like running into him and thwacking (him).
Rousey was reportedly set to defend her gold against Sasha Banks, before Banks’ suspension, after she and Naomi walked out on the May 16 WWE Raw taping.
Banks’ cousin, Snoop Dogg, appears to have reacted to the controversy.
Stay up to date with every WWE title change of 2022 using our tracker right here.
Quote via POST Wrestling.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- Asuka Shares Expletive-Filled Translation Of Recent Promo Battle With IYO SKY
- Former WWE Star Says They’re Not Retired
- Rhea Ripley Weighs In On Major WrestleMania 39 Debate
- ‘Free Agent’ WWE Star Set For First NXT Match In Seven Years
- Seth Rollins Teases “Forbidden Door” Dream Match With Top Star?
- Major AEW X NJPW Forbidden Door Dream Match Set
- Top WWE Star’s Hilarious Response To Ronda Rousey ‘Demanding’ Rumours
- Popular AEW Star Announced For G1 Climax
- ‘The Crowd’s Coming Back Around On Me’, AEW Star Addresses Possible Face Turn
- Popular Wrestling Database Site Announces Changes Due To AEW, WWE Fan Tribalism