Making her surprise return at the Royal Rumble, Ronda Rousey has now revealed a fascinating story about an interaction backstage with Vince McMahon.
In a video on her YouTube channel, Ronda Rousey described her feelings behind her triumphant return after years away from fans.
When her shock return at the Royal Rumble received a great crowd reception, Ronda feared the cheers were due to the surprise element more than her.
After the next night’s segment with Becky Lynch on Raw, Rousey headed backstage where she met with Vince McMahon and received advice that changed her perspective, saying:
“So I went and talked to Vince. He was like, ‘That was fantastic. Just — you need to smile.’ I was telling him like, ‘You know, they were booing me on the way out of every stadium.’ He’s like, ‘Yeah, but they’ve forgiven you for that.’ I’m like, ‘Well, I haven’t forgiven them.’ And he goes, ‘But it’s not about you. It’s about them.’ It was like such a good point that I’d been thinking about myself and how this relates to myself, and I was forgetting that this is a show about entertaining them.”
Feeling as though the interaction was helpful to change her perspective, Rousey described being able to move forward with her next appearance, saying:
“I feel like I got the jitters out. I got my first performance out of the way. I got my first promo out of the way. So going into SmackDown next Friday, I’m like okay — I’m not going to come out all guarded and defensive. I’m just going to go out and like actually feel the crowd and let them be a part of it.”
Ronda Rousey will be facing Charlotte Flair for the WWE Smackdown Women’s Championship after having emerged victorious from the Elimination Chamber tag team match which saw her tag with Naomi to take on Flair along with Sonya Deville.
Ronda is currently 2-0-0 for 2022. You can see all of the WWE Main Roster Women’s Win/Loss Records 2022 here.
Transcription via F4online
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- Alexa Bliss Undergoes Skin Cancer Treatment
- AEW Star Announces Their ‘Retirement’ Before Dynamite Loss, Stablemate Vows Vengeance
- Major Update On Roxanne Perez’s WWE Status
- Video: WrestleMania 39 Stage Being Constructed At SoFi Stadium
- AEW Star Interested In Facing Goldberg In Retirement Match
- News On Which Night Some WrestleMania Matches Are Set For
- WWE NXT Spoilers For Tuesday March 28
- CM Punk Drops Latest Tease For AEW Return?
- WWE Talents Sign Controversial New Deal
- Major WWE Star Considered Retirement At WrestleMania 39