Ronda Rousey hasn’t been seen on WWE TV since dropping her Raw Women’s Championship to Becky Lynch in the main event of WrestleMania 35.
All we really know about Rousey since this match is that she has undergone surgery on a broken knuckle and is expected to remain out of WWE until she has had a baby with her husband Travis Browne.
Speaking on her YouTube channel, Rousey revealed that she was actually originally supposed to leave WWE in November last year:
“Originally we approached them, or I approached them, I thought I’d only be able to wrestle from WrestleMania until November because we already wanted to start a family. We came to the WWE as, ‘Hey, before we have a baby, I just want to come do this for a couple of months because it’s something I always wanted to do.’ It just kind of snowballed. Instead of being like a small detour in my life, it became my whole life for an entire year and I completely fell in love with it.
“As time went on, we were kind of playing it by ear, I loved it so much and I ended up getting the title. When it became a real possibility that women could be the main event of WrestleMania if I stuck around, I decided to stick around. We decided that after WrestleMania, me and my amazing husband would go off and start trying to start our family.”
“As for WWE plans in the future, we want to have a baby first. I don’t know what it’s like to have a baby. I could look down at this beautiful child and be like, ‘f–k everything, I don’t care about anything else other than this baby’ and you’ll never see me again. Or I could be like my mom, she trained while she was eight months pregnant and then won the US Open six weeks after giving birth, which was unbelievable. I don’t think I’m going to try and aspire to her level. But I’m just saying, you never know
“I don’t want to make any promises about the future when I don’t know how I’m gonna feel in the future. So thank you everyone for your support, I had the most amazing time this year! I am also looking forward to a little bit of a rest and some mommy – daddy time.”
Issue 9 of WrestleTalk Magazine is available NOW worldwide. Order your print or digital copy or subscribe to the next six issues at this link
- Cody Rhodes In Incredible Shape Amid Royal Rumble Rumours (Photo)
- Report: Sasha Banks Set For NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 17
- Spoiler On Former WWE Star Making AEW Debut
- Shocking Update On Miro Being Absent From AEW TV
- AEW Rampage Spoilers December 9, 2022
- WWE Star Not Medically Cleared & Match Canceled As Precaution Ahead Of Very Important Show
- Dynamite Diamond Ring Battle Royal Winner Crowned On AEW Dynamite
- FTR Vs. The Briscoes III Stipulation Match Made Official
- Saraya’s Next AEW Match Revealed
- Must-See Star Making Ricky Starks & MJF Promo On AEW Dynamite