While the rumor mill about the card for Saturday’s first night of WrestleMania 38 continues to be debated, Ronda Rousey has said that she will be in the main event.
During an appearance on The Ellen Show, Ronda Rousey said:
“I’m going to be in the main event for the second time. I was part of the first main event with women, this is the third. It’s becoming almost something that doesn’t even need to be mentioned anymore, which is the goal.”
On Monday Night Raw, Kevin Owens claimed that he and Stone Cold Steve Austin were main eventing WrestleMania Saturday and in their segment, Vince McMahon told Seth Rollins that he would “need to be a main event” for his match against a mystery opponent.
Elsewhere in the chat with Ellen, Ronda talked about preparing to return to in-ring competition after the birth of her daughter, saying:
“As soon as I knew my due date, I was like, ‘You know what, I bet I could come back and win the Royal Rumble and go to WrestleMania within that timeframe.’ I set that goal and it seemed insane at first, especially right after giving birth because I just got hit by like a semi-truck carrying razor blades straight in the crotch. I was like, ‘I don’t know how this is going to work.’ I tried really hard and for there. I started my diet two weeks after. Six weeks, they’re like, ‘don’t do anything else, you could hurt herself.’ I waited until six weeks to start working out.”
WrestleMania Saturday is also set to host a match between another new Mom, Becky Lynch, defending her WWE Raw Women’s Championship against Bianca Belair.
For a list of all matches scheduled for night one of the show, click here. For a list of all matches scheduled for night two, click here.
Transcription via Fightful
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- WWE Announces Nine New Signings
- How Many Tickets CM Punk Immediately Moved For AEW Collision In Chicago
- AEW Getting ‘More Aggressive’ In Major Stars’ Contract Negotiations
- Arena Shut Down ‘A Lot’ Of Ideas For AEW Double Or Nothing
- Update On Ace Steel’s Involvement In CM Punk-Led AEW Collision
- AEW’s Tay Melo Addresses In-Ring Future After Announcing Pregnancy
- WWE Venue Contracts Reportedly Have Interesting AEW Clauses
- Possible Spoiler On A New Title Belt To Be Introduced On June 2 WWE SmackDown
- Two AEW Stars Returning From Injury Soon
- Date For Major WWE International Show Revealed?