Ronda Rousey failed to recapture he SmackDown Women’s Championship at SummerSlam, with Liv Morgan managing to retain the belt in controversial fashion.
After the match, a furious Rousey turned on the referee, locking him in an arm bar.
Apparently you’re not allowed to beat up innocent officials in WWE, because Rousey was then “fined and suspended” for her actions.
Interestingly, the Wrestling Observer Newsletter has reported the plan is for Rousey to be on the card for Clash at the Castle on September 3, so her suspension is not going to be a long one.
Dave Meltzer wrote:
“While we don’t have this confirmed as a rematch for Clash at the Castle, we do have confirmed that at press time the plan was for Rousey to be on that show.”
Of course this is WWE and plans can change at the drop of a hat, but it would make sense for WWE to try and have all of its biggest draws on what is the first UK stadium show for 30 years.
If you’re in the UK but didn’t manage to get tickets to Clash at the Castle on September 3, WrestleTalk is hosting a watch party at The Joiner on Worship in Shoreditch, London, and we’d love for you to join us! Click here for more details.
- Fans Think They Spotted A CM Punk Tease During WWE Raw
- Rhea Ripley Gives Ultimatum To Dominik Mysterio After Losing Championship
- Jade Cargill Sends Message To WWE Roster During Raw
- Backstage News On Change To Adam Copeland’s (Edge’s) AEW Entrance Music
- Johnny Gargano & Tommaso Ciampa Comment After DIY Reunion On WWE Raw
- Another Advertised WWE Raw Match Cancelled?
- USA Network Spoils Upcoming WWE Debut
- Scrapped Championship Win Plans For Released WWE Star Revealed
- WWE Star Returns On Raw After Five Months Away
- Which WWE Brand Jade Cargill Is Expected To Debut On Revealed