Ronda Rousey failed to recapture he SmackDown Women’s Championship at SummerSlam, with Liv Morgan managing to retain the belt in controversial fashion.
After the match, a furious Rousey turned on the referee, locking him in an arm bar.
Apparently you’re not allowed to beat up innocent officials in WWE, because Rousey was then “fined and suspended” for her actions.
Interestingly, the Wrestling Observer Newsletter has reported the plan is for Rousey to be on the card for Clash at the Castle on September 3, so her suspension is not going to be a long one.
Dave Meltzer wrote:
“While we don’t have this confirmed as a rematch for Clash at the Castle, we do have confirmed that at press time the plan was for Rousey to be on that show.”
Of course this is WWE and plans can change at the drop of a hat, but it would make sense for WWE to try and have all of its biggest draws on what is the first UK stadium show for 30 years.
If you’re in the UK but didn’t manage to get tickets to Clash at the Castle on September 3, WrestleTalk is hosting a watch party at The Joiner on Worship in Shoreditch, London, and we’d love for you to join us! Click here for more details.
- Dakota Kai Teases War Games For WWE Clash At The Castle
- William Regal Believes NXT UK Stars Have Been Treated Fairly
- Jon Moxley To Face Nick Gage In GCW Title Vs Career Match
- Ronda Rousey Pokes Fun At WWE ‘Budget Cuts’
- Matt Hardy Says Triple H Taking Over WWE Creative Opens The Door For Many Returns
- WWE Raw After WrestleMania 39 Location Revealed
- Kane Provides Huge Update On Wrestling Future
- Corey Graves Having More Fun On WWE Commentary With Triple H In Charge
- PROGRESS Chapter 137 Results: New World Champion Crowned
- Ari Daivari Under Full-Time Deal With AEW