More details have emerged on Ronda Rousey’s WWE return, following her appearance at WWE Royal Rumble.
During Saturday’s event, Rousey won the women’s Royal Rumble match, last eliminating SmackDown Women’s Champion Charlotte Flair. Prior to the show, Dave Meltzer reported that WWE planned for the two competitors to face off at WrestleMania 38.
Fightful Select (subscription required) now reports that the word backstage since Monday’s (January 24) episode of Raw has been that Rousey and Flair are pencilled in for a program heading into WrestleMania, with Becky Lynch vs Bianca Belair planned for the Raw Women’s Title bout at the Show of Shows.
Charlotte Flair has reportedly been pushing to work with Rousey for months. Per the report, WWE had been keen for Rousey to confirm return plans soon-after she gave birth in September 2021.
Prior to WWE Royal Rumble 2022, Rousey hadn’t wrestled since losing her Raw Women’s Title in the main event of WrestleMania 35 in April 2019.
Rousey was one of many surprise names who entered this year’s Royal Rumble matches. You can view the full list of surprise entrants at this link.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- Former WWE Star To Return On The Raw After WrestleMania?
- Latest WWE Celebrity Hall Of Fame Inductee Confirmed
- Update On Rumored WWE Releases/Cuts
- Report: WWE Having ‘Larger Conversation’ About Wrestler Safety
- Update On Current Champion WWE Has Legitimate Concerns About
- Unseen AEW Matches Coming Soon?
- WWE Star Pulled From Raw, WrestleMania Status Uncertain?
- Update On Dominik Mysterio Vs. Rey Mysterio WrestleMania Plans
- AEW World Champion MJF Set For Surprising Indie Appearance
- Spoiler On WWE Star Set To ‘Shine’ On March 20 Raw