Last month Milena Roucka (formerly known as Rosa Mendes) spoke to Sportskeeda about motherhood and fitness. She noted during the interview that she misses being in the ring:
“I feel like I wasn’t in the ring enough during my career, I was mostly a manager. I would love to get back in the ring. With the women’s revolution, the women have more time to have these mind-blowing matches, I would have loved to be a part of it.”
Not long afterwards, MCW tweeted a photo of Roucka at their training center, confirming that she’s on the “comeback trail”
— MCW Pro Wrestling (@MCWWrestling) March 2, 2018
Roucka announced her retirement on February last year after a two year absence while she was pregnant with her now two-year-old daughter Jordan Elizabeth. Her last appearance on Raw was in an eight-woman battle royal that aired April 13, 2015
It’s not common for female wrestlers to make a comeback after having a child, and Roucka’s decision is brave and inspirational, showing women that you don’t have to choose between a career or being a mom – You can have both.
- WWE Star Publicly Airs Grievances After Not Being Used For Months
- ‘The Genius’ Lanny Poffo Passes Away
- Vince McMahon Wanted X-Rated Addition To WWE Logo
- Planned ‘Top’ WrestleMania 39 Match For Gunther Revealed
- PHOTO: Top AEW Star Shows Off Nasty Wound After Dynamite
- Lawsuit Filed Against WWE Over ‘Horrifying’ Vince McMahon Allegations
- Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson Mom Involved In Car Crash
- Vickie Guerrero Addresses Fake Quote About Dominik Mysterio & Eddie Guerrero
- AEW Planning Streaming Service With Broadcast Partner?
- Shawn Michaels Provides Update On WWE Status Of Ilja Dragunov & Meiko Satomura