A new report has revealed the potential host city for the Royal Rumble 2024 event.
Per the Orlando Business Journal, the Greater Orlando Sports Commission is looking to place a bid to host the WWE Royal Rumble 2024 event.
WESH-2 reports The Tourist Development Tax Sports Incentive Committee will request $850,000 for the Greater Orlando Sports Commission to bid to become the host city for next year’s show.
On May 2, the Orange County Board of County Commissioners will vote on whether they will accept their request so they can place their bid.
It is noted in the article that hosting the Royal Rumble could bring the city nearly $28 million in economic impact, 1,900 hotel room nights and nearly 54,000 attendees for the event. If approved, the event would be held at Camping World Stadium on January 27, 2024.
The Royal Rumble last took place Orlando’s Amway Center with a full attendance crowd in 2016. During the COVID-19 pandemic, the company ran their shows out of Florida in what was dubbed “The ThunderDome.”
The Amway Center was the initial location before relocating to Tropicana Field in St. Petersburg and then the Yuengling Center in Tampa.
We will provide further updates on the host city for WWE Royal Rumble 2024 when they become available.
If you want to stay fully updated on all the latest wrestling news, click the red bell in the bottom right of your screen to receive notifications from WrestleTalk.com straight to your device!
- Scrapped Plans For Rhea Ripley At WrestleMania 39 Revealed
- Solo Sikoa Breaks Silence After Attacking Jimmy Uso On WWE SmackDown
- VIDEO: Former Champion Trains At D-Von Dudley Wrestling Academy
- First Look At Owen Hart In AEW: Fight Forever Revealed
- Major WWE Name Touts Storytelling Of Bloodline Angles
- Lita Makes Surprise Return Following WWE Injury Angle (Video)
- Cody Rhodes June 5 WWE Raw Plans Revealed
- Big Update On GUNTHER WWE Intercontinental Title Plans
- Roman Reigns Shares First Comment Since Dramatic WWE SmackDown Ending
- AEW Teasing Popular Name’s In-Ring Debut?