Jeff Hardy was released from WWE on December 9, after refusing WWE’s offer of rehab. Jeff has since appeared on video with his brother Matt Hardy, announcing a meet and greet tour for this week.
Since Jeff’s WWE departure, some fans have speculated that Jeff was attempting to get fired prior to his release. As per Sean Ross Sapp of Fightful, those close with Jeff have stated that he was not working to get out of his deal, calling the rumor that he was purposefully trying to get released is an ‘absurd take’.
Addressing speculation, Sapp tweeted:
“It seems silly to address this at all, but according to those close with him I spoke to — Jeff Hardy wasn’t trying to get fired from WWE. He wasn’t “working to get out of his deal.” The exact phrase I was given was that it was an ‘absurd take.'”
It seems silly to address this at all, but according to those close with him I spoke to — Jeff Hardy wasn't trying to get fired from WWE. He wasn't "working to get out of his deal." The exact phrase I was given was that it was an "absurd take."
— Sean Ross Sapp of Fightful.com (@SeanRossSapp) December 14, 2021
Matt Hardy recently advised fans to ‘know all the facts’ before jumping to conclusions. Matt has also stated that Hardy will discuss his WWE departure when he’s ready.
- Bryan Danielson AEW Rampage Injury A Work?
- Truth Behind Naomi WWE Walk Out Revealed?
- Jimmy Uso Shares Support For Naomi And Sasha Banks
- Serena Deeb Shoots Hard On WWE In Heated AEW Dynamite Promo
- Stephanie McMahon To Take Leave Of Absence From WWE
- Several WWE Stars Support Nash Carter Following Controversial Release
- Shocking Statistic About Thunder Rosa AEW Women’s Championship Run
- Update On Johnny Elite’s AEW Status Following Dynamite Debut
- Road Dogg Believes There’s No Money In Wrestling
- Anthony Bowens Claims He Was Taken Off Dynamite In Cryptic Tweet