Jeff Hardy was released from WWE on December 9, after refusing WWE’s offer of rehab. Jeff has since appeared on video with his brother Matt Hardy, announcing a meet and greet tour for this week.
Since Jeff’s WWE departure, some fans have speculated that Jeff was attempting to get fired prior to his release. As per Sean Ross Sapp of Fightful, those close with Jeff have stated that he was not working to get out of his deal, calling the rumor that he was purposefully trying to get released is an ‘absurd take’.
Addressing speculation, Sapp tweeted:
“It seems silly to address this at all, but according to those close with him I spoke to — Jeff Hardy wasn’t trying to get fired from WWE. He wasn’t “working to get out of his deal.” The exact phrase I was given was that it was an ‘absurd take.'”
It seems silly to address this at all, but according to those close with him I spoke to — Jeff Hardy wasn't trying to get fired from WWE. He wasn't "working to get out of his deal." The exact phrase I was given was that it was an "absurd take."
— Sean Ross Sapp of Fightful.com (@SeanRossSapp) December 14, 2021
Matt Hardy recently advised fans to ‘know all the facts’ before jumping to conclusions. Matt has also stated that Hardy will discuss his WWE departure when he’s ready.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- Seth Rollins Issues Apology To AEW Star
- Injured AEW Star ‘Close’ To Returning
- Blackpool Combat Club Match Announced For May 31 AEW Dynamite
- Big Forbidden Door 2023 Teases On AEW Dynamite?
- What Bandido Was Wearing On AEW Dynamite Explained
- Bryan Danielson Shares Warning For Retired Star Amid In-Ring Return Rumors
- Tony Khan Provides Latest On Potential AEW Streaming Deal
- Top WWE Raw Star Advertised For June 2 SmackDown Show
- Major Athlete Set For Appearance At WWE SummerSlam?
- CM Punk AEW Return Date Announced By Tony Khan