A rumor killer has emerged on claims that WWE Raw star Nikki Cross was set to take time away from the company after WrestleMania 39.
Someone on Twitter posted a story that Cross would be “leaving WWE for a long time after WrestleMania to pursue a PHD”.
Nikki Cross, who is probably a fairly reliable source when it comes to Nikki Cross news, responded to that claim, writing:
Hello. I hope you are well.
this is not true.
This is the first time I have ever heard about this. Pretty sure I’m a reliable source.
If I choose to pursue a PHD after my completing my masters in May, I wouldn’t take time off wrestling.
I would do both. Just to clarify.
Cross hasn’t been a focus on WWE TV in the leadup to WrestleMania 39 and does find herself without a match this weekend, since she’s not in the four-way tag match at Mania itself, and there’s no women’s battle royal to equalize the men’s Andre The Giant battle royal on SmackDown.
Going back a few months though, it was teased and speculated that some form of SAnitY could reunite at some point, with Cross specifically stalking Candice LeRae and still doing so as recently as last night’s Raw, which many fans believe will play into to said SAnitY reunion if it does happen.
🧚♀️ @CandiceLeRae @WWE #wweraw pic.twitter.com/emsWOHnhzS
— Nicola Glencross (@WWENikkiCross) March 28, 2023
Think you’re a wrestling mastermind? Well you can prove it by taking quizzes in our brand new quiz section! Don’t forget to tweet us your results!
- First Look At Owen Hart In AEW: Fight Forever Revealed
- Lita Makes Surprise Return Following WWE Injury Angle (Video)
- Cody Rhodes June 5 WWE Raw Plans Revealed
- Roman Reigns Shares First Comment Since Dramatic WWE SmackDown Ending
- Seth Rollins ‘First Title Defense’ Of WWE World Heavyweight Championship Already Happened
- Rhea Ripley Weighs In On Major WrestleMania 39 Debate
- Former WWE Star Says They’re Not Retired
- DNA Test Proves Wrestling Legend Is Not The Father Of Current Congresswoman
- Asuka Shares Expletive-Filled Translation Of Recent Promo Battle With IYO SKY
- WWE Star Confirms Shoulder Injury