There is a new rumor killer on a former AEW star tampering for WWE.
In August, Bobby Fish left All Elite Wrestling after negotiations for a contract extension fell through. A rumor started circulating last week in regards to Fish’s departure.
Ryan Frederick of Wrestling Observer posted to the site’s message board that Bobby Fish tried to get Adam Cole and Kyle O’Reilly to ask for their AEW release and return to WWE.
Fightful Select (subscription required) provided an update, noting that numerous AEW sources have vehemently denied the rumor.
Meanwhile, WWE sources have stated that there haven’t been talks between Bobby Fish and the company.
The original rumor did note that both Cole and O’Reilly allegedly denied the attempt by Fish, but it seems this didn’t occur if you believe those within the two promotions.
As previously noted, the report has an update on whether Swerve Strickland and Keith Lee were contacted by WWE.
We will have further updates on AEW stars being contacted by WWE when they become available.
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- Rumored New WWE Signing Vacates Championship
- Dolph Ziggler First Post-WWE Match Confirmed
- WWE’s Dominik Mysterio Breaks Silence With Message To Judgment Day After Title Loss
- CM Punk Backstage News From WWE NXT Deadline
- AEW Star Calls Out Triple H Following Controversial WWE Affiliate Comment
- Top WWE Star Pulled From Shows After Legitimate Injury
- AEW Star’s First Match In Six Months Confirmed
- AEW Star Responds To Claim They Were Punished For Social Media Conduct
- WWE Star Going ‘Back To The Drawing Board’
- TNA Wrestling Departure Confirmed