There is a new rumor killer on a former AEW star tampering for WWE.
In August, Bobby Fish left All Elite Wrestling after negotiations for a contract extension fell through. A rumor started circulating last week in regards to Fish’s departure.
Ryan Frederick of Wrestling Observer posted to the site’s message board that Bobby Fish tried to get Adam Cole and Kyle O’Reilly to ask for their AEW release and return to WWE.
Fightful Select (subscription required) provided an update, noting that numerous AEW sources have vehemently denied the rumor.
Meanwhile, WWE sources have stated that there haven’t been talks between Bobby Fish and the company.
The original rumor did note that both Cole and O’Reilly allegedly denied the attempt by Fish, but it seems this didn’t occur if you believe those within the two promotions.
As previously noted, the report has an update on whether Swerve Strickland and Keith Lee were contacted by WWE.
We will have further updates on AEW stars being contacted by WWE when they become available.
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- WWE Star Slammed For Being A ‘Disrespectful Ripoff’
- WWE Hall Of Famer Criticizes ‘Childish Stuff’ From The Elite
- WWE Spoils Return, AEW Stars Considering Leaving, CM Punk Scrapped Plans Revealed – News Bulletin – November 30, 2022
- Tony Khan Announces Newest AEW Signing
- Ric Flair Calls Fellow WWE Hall Of Famer ‘An Arrogant Prick’
- Vince McMahon’s Reaction To WWE Spending $30,000 On Crazy Purchase
- NXT Star Shocks Fans Calling Fellow Star ‘C*nty’
- The Usos Hit Another Insane WWE Milestone
- WWE Hall Of Famer Clarifies Royal Rumble 2023 Tease
- Tony Khan Open To This WWE Hall Of Famer Wrestling For AEW