It was reported earlier today by PWInsider that Mojo Rawley was actually released by WWE in early March. However, it has since been reported that this is simply not the case.
Fightful Select (subscription required) has reported that the initial report is incorrect as they reached out to Rawley the day his release was announced and again today.
It was also noted in the report that he was under the impression that he was with WWE an hour before his release was announced on April 15.
The original report seemingly took Rawley’s recent quote of saying his next chapter would begin on May 31 out of context. This appeared to be interpreted as a hint of his future in wrestling when, in fact, had nothing to do with him being released earlier.
Mojo Rawley and several other WWE stars were released by WWE last week. The other released stars being Samoa Joe, Mickie James, Peyton Royce, Billie Kay, Chelsea Green, Bo Dallas, Tucker, Kalisto, and Wesley Blake.
- Spoiler On Karrion Kross WWE SmackDown Presentation
- What Does WBD Taking Over BT Sport Mean For WWE & AEW In The UK?
- Carmelo Hayes Teases Joining Returning Faction On SmackDown
- Update On How Many Returns Triple H Has Planned
- Drew McIntyre Teases Huge Change For Clash At The Castle
- Hit Row Return On WWE SmackDown
- Here’s Who Pitched For Goldberg To Squash Brock Lesnar At Survivor Series 2016
- Zoey Stark Worked As Backstage Producer While Out With Injury
- AEW & NWA Relationship Reportedly ‘Fine’ After Comments From Tony Khan & Billy Corgan
- Former WWE Writer Recalls Stephanie McMahon Reaction To Finding Out He Was A Wrestling Fan