It was reported earlier today by PWInsider that Mojo Rawley was actually released by WWE in early March. However, it has since been reported that this is simply not the case.
Fightful Select (subscription required) has reported that the initial report is incorrect as they reached out to Rawley the day his release was announced and again today.
It was also noted in the report that he was under the impression that he was with WWE an hour before his release was announced on April 15.
The original report seemingly took Rawley’s recent quote of saying his next chapter would begin on May 31 out of context. This appeared to be interpreted as a hint of his future in wrestling when, in fact, had nothing to do with him being released earlier.
Mojo Rawley and several other WWE stars were released by WWE last week. The other released stars being Samoa Joe, Mickie James, Peyton Royce, Billie Kay, Chelsea Green, Bo Dallas, Tucker, Kalisto, and Wesley Blake.
- AEW Star Announces Real-Life Brother Joining The Company
- WWE Star Set For First Match In Nine Months
- Triple H Praises Top Star After WWE Elimination Chamber
- Potential WWE Signing Shares Emotional Goodbye After Farewell Match
- Seth Rollins Injury Update Ahead Of WrestleMania 40
- Drew McIntyre Vs. Seth Rollins Set For WrestleMania 40, More Matches Potentially Revealed
- CM Punk Sends Emotional Message To WWE Fans Ahead Of Elimination Chamber 2024
- Seth Rollins Reacts To Becky Lynch Winning WWE Elimination Chamber Match
- Cody Rhodes Challenges The Rock To One-On-One WWE Match
- Becky Lynch Sends New Message To Rhea Ripley Ahead Of WrestleMania 40