New information has emerged regarding a rumor that had previously circulated about Sasha Banks’ return to WWE.
The now-debunked rumor claimed that Fightful had reported that talks between Banks and WWE had halted.
However, Fightful Select has now posted clarification about the rumor on its Patreon, saying that there is absolutely no truth to the report, the site didn’t report that, and that Sasha Banks’ status with WWE is still unknown:
“There was a post going around from Dirt Sheet Radio claiming we reported talks between WWE and Sasha Banks have halted again.
“This post is completely false and we have no additional info on Sasha Banks and WWE at this time.”
Sasha Banks has not appeared on WWE television for several months, after walking out on the May 16 edition of WWE Raw with tag team partner Naomi.
In the intervening months, neither Banks nor Naomi has publicly commented on their status with the company, whether they have been formally released or if they ever intend to return to WWE programming.
The latest known update on Banks was, according to Dave Meltzer of the Wrestling Observer, that she and WWE were in contract talks but there was a “money situation” and it’s unknown where things stand right now.
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- Sami Zayn Vs. Roman Reigns Plans Revealed After Royal Rumble
- Video: What Happened With Sami Zayn & Kevin Owens After WWE Royal Rumble?
- WWE Bringing Back Classic Title Belt Design?
- SPOILER: WWE Star Set For Return On Tonight’s January 30 Raw
- Update On Kenny Omega’s Health
- Where Was The Rock During WWE Royal Rumble?
- Former Women’s Champion ‘So Down’ For Intercontinental Title Shot
- Photo: WWE Star Shows Off Gruesome Royal Rumble Injury
- AEW Star Reacts To WWE Royal Rumble Backstage Photo
- Sami Zayn Discusses Triple H Contributions To Bloodline Storyline