It was reported earlier that Renee Young, host of the new FS1 show WWE Backstage, had teased a “huge announcement” for the show’s first special guest.
She revealed that the guest would be revealed on this week’s Friday Night SmackDown, and that we “don’t want to miss it”.
Here is her message:
— WWE on FOX (@WWEonFOX) October 30, 2019
Now, here’s why it could very easily be CM Punk.
- Punk has had auditions for the show alongside Young which reportedly went very well.
- Triple H has admitted that Vince McMahon would be open to a return, and has himself said “never say never”.
- It would be pretty much the biggest guest they could ever have, which is what they would want for their first show.
- Punk shared a photo of himself holding a FOX microphone on his Instagram.
- Because it would really pop Oli Davis who would subsequently put it in his news video.
We’re really not just saying all of this for a laugh because it’s CM Punk. He could genuinely be the guest star and unless its just WWE’s version of “huge” and it’s just Alexa Bliss and Nikki Cross, it has to be someone on Punk’s level.