2019 has been a year of injuries for WWE, with a good number of the company’s biggest stars suffering injuries of various seriousness throughout the year.
Two of the stars most effected by this are Nia Jax and Ruby Riott, neither of whom have been seen in a WWE ring since WrestleMania 35 in April.
Riott has undergone surgery on both shoulders, and Jax managed to tear both of her ACL’s at WrestleMania, and has undergone successful surgery.
Fightful Select is reporting that WWE’s internal injury list has both women down as ready to return as of January 2020, and there’s a certain match WWE likes to have people return that takes place at the end of January.
I am of course talking about the Royal Rumble match, WWE’s annual 30-man/woman battle royal, famous for bringing back old or previously injured stars.
The Fightful report reads:
“Nia Jax is back at the WWE Performance Center preparing and training for a return. WWE’s internal list has her as 1/2020. Ruby Riott internally was listed as the same date.”
Despite these returns, WWE is still struggling with a few of its other top stars still injured, including Xavier Woods and Lars Sullivan out for the foreseeable future.
- Paul Heyman’s Intriguing Reaction After Jimmy Uso Accidentally Costs Jey Uso Championship Match
- Another New WWE Championship Redesign To Be Revealed On SmackDown
- Another New WWE Championship Design Revealed & Big Return On SmackDown
- Another WWE Championship Unification Match Announced
- Update On WWE Women’s Title Situation Ahead Of June 9 SmackDown
- KENTA Responds To Alternate Dream Match For CM Punk At Forbidden Door
- Popular AEW Star Sidelined With Neck Injury
- VIDEO: AEW Star Teases In-Ring Return After Almost A Year Away
- VIDEO: First Look At Samoa Joe In Twisted Metal
- NXT Stars Interfere In Big Match On SmackDown