Samantha Tavel (AKA Candy Cartwright) has reportedly dropped her sexual assault lawsuit against Matt Riddle.
As reported by TMZ, court documents show Tavel filed for a dismissal of the case on Monday. Tavel’s lawyer told TMZ that both Riddle and Tavel have put this in the past and are focused on the future.
As of this writing, Riddle’s lawyer has not commented.
The lawsuit was filed in October of 2020. Originally, the lawsuit was against EVOLVE, Gabe Sapolski, WWE, and Riddle. Both WWE and Sapolsky were dismissed in March of 2021, however, Riddle’s attempt to dismiss was denied.
Tavel alledged that Riddle sexually assaulted her in April of 2017 after an EVOLVE event.
Matt Riddle denied the allegations of sexual assault in a video he released last year. He did confirm he and Tavel had an affair together, however.
- Former WWE Star Considering Return As Transgender Wrestler?
- WWE In Talks With Potential Big Signing
- Seth Rollins Opens Up On Issues With CM Punk & Whether He’d Work With Him
- WWE Debuting New Show Update
- AEW Star Reacts To Claims He’s Been Fined For His Conduct
- Popular Star Discussed For WWE Main Roster Call-Up
- Randy Orton Tag Team Match Announced For WWE SmackDown
- Top WWE Star Considering ‘A Number Of Things’ Ahead Of Contract Expiring
- Tony Khan Criticized Backstage Over ‘Shock’ AEW Firing
- WWE ‘Very High’ On Rising Star’s Progress