SmackDown star Sami Zayn has reflected on his last year in WWE, calling his current run the best work of his career.
On May 12, 2020, Sami Zayn was stripped of the Intercontinental Championship after refraining from competing during the COVID-19 pandemic. On August 28 last year, Zayn returned to WWE on SmackDown, before regaining the title at Clash of Champions on September 27, 2020.
Zayn has taken to Twitter to point out that he returned to WWE roughly a year ago. Calling his work since the best of his career, Zayn tweeted:
“I came back to WWE a year ago after being stripped of my Intercontinental Championship and since then, have done perhaps the best work of my career.”
Zayn has recently praised Rey Mysterio, noting that a match with the luchador would probably be his last dream match that he’s actually able to have.
The former Intercontinental Champion returned to action on the August 27 edition of SmackDown, following a month away from WWE TV. Zayn has stated that he cannot reveal the reason for his absence due to “legal reasons“.
- WWE Stars Honor Late TV Star Jason David Frank
- AEW Star Praises Ricky ‘The Dragon’ Steamboat After Return Match
- Bayley Recruits Recent Celebrity WWE Signee to Damage CTRL?
- Correction On William Regal AEW Contract Status
- Sami Zayn/Roman Reigns Plans Revealed, William Regal WWE Return Update, Major WWE India Show – News Bulletin – November 28, 2022
- CM Punk “S**t The Bed” Putting AEW Into “Freefall” Claims WWE Hall of Famer
- Real Reason Why Roman Reigns Didn’t Have Red Gear For Survivor Series WarGames
- Former WWE Star Criticizes Aspect Of AEW TV For Being ‘A Bit Much’
- Details On New WWE Tryout This Week
- Triple H Reveals Scrapped Plans For Celebrity Appearance At Survivor Series