Much like his best friend Kevin Owens, WWE star Sami Zayn has re-signed with the promotion, keeping him under Vince McMahon’s control for several more years.
It was first reported Sami had re-signed yesterday by Fightful Select, and now Sami has confirmed the news on his Twitter account, posting:
Sticking around and having fun, that’s the Sami Zayn way.
— Sami Zayn (@SamiZayn) January 21, 2022
There will have been many who would have wanted to see Zayn leave WWE and perhaps join another promotion like AEW or Impact Wrestling, but those fans will have to wait for another few years at the very least.
Zayn is currently in the middle of a feud with Intercontinental Champion Shinsuke Nakamura on SmackDown, and last week called out Jackass star Johnny Knoxville ahead of the Royal Rumble, a match both men have officially entered.
Nakamura has been out of action for a couple of months with a hand injury. You can keep track of details of all current WWE injuries at this link.
- PROGRESS World Championship Declared Vacant at Chapter 134 Event
- Update On MJF AEW Contract Situation, Locker Room Not On MJF’s Side
- AEW Dark: Elevation Stacked Card Includes ROH Women’s Championship Match
- NXT Tag Team Titles Match For In Your House Event Announced
- PROGRESS 134: No Mountain High Enough SPOILERS – Major Challenge Issued For Strong Style Weekend
- Reason Behind Chris Jericho Keeping Judas After His Heel Turn Revealed
- NJPW Capital Collision Results: New IWGP United States Champion & AEW Stars Appear
- Latest On MJF-AEW Situation, Tony Khan Willing To Pay MJF Comparable To Other Top Stars
- Paige Has A Suggestion For Ronda Rousey
- Alexa Bliss Shows Off New Tattoo (PHOTO)