Sami Zayn has explained why he chose to re-sign with WWE.
It January, it was reported that Zayn inked a new deal with WWE in late 2021. Zayn’s previous contract was set to expire this Spring.
Speaking with Tom Campbell of Cultaholic, the former Intercontinental Champion noted that he felt like a valued member of the WWE roster way before negotiation time.
Believing that it was a no-brainer for him to stay with WWE, Zayn said:
“I was already in a very good place with WWE and they made it very clear, not just when it was time to negotiate but in the last year, year-and-a-half, whatever it is, I’ve definitely gotten the impression and they have said as much that I’m a valued part of the roster and I feel valued and I get a lot of television time.
“I’ve been very happy and stimulated creatively even, which I know is a difficult thing to get in WWE sometimes.
“With so many moving parts and so many talented people sometimes, inevitably, you kind of get left behind but I haven’t felt that way in a very long time with WWE. So that was really the main factor driving my decision to stay.
“I was very happy to stay because I felt valued, I felt appreciated and it was reflected as such by the amount of television time I got. For me, it was a bit of a no-brainer to stay right now.”
Zayn will do battle with Jonny Knoxville in an Anything Goes match on WrestleMania Sunday.
- AEW Star Reacts To Real-Life Brother Winning Championship In WWE
- WWE’s Rhea Ripley Sends Emotional Message To Dominik Mysterio After Losing Championship
- Rumored New WWE Signing Vacates Championship
- WWE’s Dominik Mysterio Breaks Silence With Message To Judgment Day After Title Loss
- CM Punk Backstage News From WWE NXT Deadline
- Dolph Ziggler First Post-WWE Match Confirmed
- Video Footage Of WWE’s Cora Jade Breaking Character Meeting CM Punk Backstage At NXT Deadline
- AEW Star Calls Out Triple H Following Controversial WWE Affiliate Comment
- Top WWE Star Pulled From Shows After Legitimate Injury
- AEW Star’s First Match In Six Months Confirmed