Sami Zayn has explained why he chose to re-sign with WWE.
It January, it was reported that Zayn inked a new deal with WWE in late 2021. Zayn’s previous contract was set to expire this Spring.
Speaking with Tom Campbell of Cultaholic, the former Intercontinental Champion noted that he felt like a valued member of the WWE roster way before negotiation time.
Believing that it was a no-brainer for him to stay with WWE, Zayn said:
“I was already in a very good place with WWE and they made it very clear, not just when it was time to negotiate but in the last year, year-and-a-half, whatever it is, I’ve definitely gotten the impression and they have said as much that I’m a valued part of the roster and I feel valued and I get a lot of television time.
“I’ve been very happy and stimulated creatively even, which I know is a difficult thing to get in WWE sometimes.
“With so many moving parts and so many talented people sometimes, inevitably, you kind of get left behind but I haven’t felt that way in a very long time with WWE. So that was really the main factor driving my decision to stay.
“I was very happy to stay because I felt valued, I felt appreciated and it was reflected as such by the amount of television time I got. For me, it was a bit of a no-brainer to stay right now.”
Zayn will do battle with Jonny Knoxville in an Anything Goes match on WrestleMania Sunday.
- Backstage Altercation At AEW Dynamite & Star Sent Home
- Top Free Agent Bandido Signs With AEW
- Big Match Scrapped From October 7 AEW Rampage
- Wrestling World Reacts To Alleged Backstage Altercation At AEW Dynamite
- Update On Investigation Into AEW All Out Backstage Fight
- Tony Khan Reveals Truth About Why He Takes Shots At WWE
- Report: Popular AEW Star ‘Trying To Get Fired’
- Former WWE Star Announced For Mayweather Vs. Deji Undercard
- Saraya Gets Physical For First Time In Four Years On AEW Dynamite
- Sammy Guevara AEW Dynamite Status Update Following Backstage Altercation