It seems WWE fans may have missed out on an opportunity to see a very interesting program between Sami Zayn and a WWE legend.
Sami Zayn has opened up about re-signing with WWE in a new interview with Pat Laprade and Kevin Raphael’s podcast, Les Anti-Pods de la Lutte but also shared an interesting tidbit about a potential program that never came to fruition.
“I had spoken with creative about a storyline with Jeff Hardy. Jeff was one of my heroes when I was a teenager. He was one of my biggest inspirations when I started. My idea was to have a ladder match against him at WrestleMania. I had a big storyline planned in my head, but unfortunately, two weeks after speaking with creative about it, he was fired.”
Jeff Hardy was released from the company last month after reportedly refusing to attend rehab. Jeff’s brother Matt Hardy spoke out to say on his Twitch stream that Jeff did decline to go to rehabilitation because he didn’t feel he needed to and Matt agreed to say, “And I don’t think he did either.”
Sami Zayn has been announced as an entrant in the Royal Rumble; you can view a complete list of the announced entrants here.
Transcription via PWInsider
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- AEW Name Reveals Upcoming Contract Expiry, Comments On Potential WWE Move
- Alarming Advice From Surgeons For Top AEW Star
- Carmella & Corey Graves Reveal The Sex Of Their First Child
- Mandy Rose Comments On Gigi Dolin Vs. Jacy Jayne NXT Cage Match After Not Even Being Mentioned
- Bret Hart Calls Current WWE Star One Of The Greatest Wrestlers Of All Time
- Injured AEW Star ‘Close’ To Returning
- Seth Rollins Issues Apology To AEW Star
- Major Star Says He Could ‘100% Make Magic’ With WWE’s Seth Rollins
- Pat McAfee Reacts To Unfortunate AEW Double Or Nothing 2023 Attendance Photo
- Blackpool Combat Club Match Announced For May 31 AEW Dynamite