Sami Zayn has reacted to Solo Sikoa relinquishing the NXT North American Championship, explaining a simple social media misunderstanding.
On the September 20 edition of NXT, the North American Title was vacated after Shawn Michaels stated that Solo Sikoa wasn’t sanctioned to compete in the September 13 title match which saw him win the gold.
Shortly after this announcement, Sami Zayn changed his Twitter profile picture to a close-up of his happy face.
The honorary Uce has since explained that he changed his profile photo before he found out about Sikoa losing the title. Zayn tweeted:
“I’ve just been informed about Solo Sikoa relinquishing the NXT North American Title. The jovial expression in my delightful #NewProfilePic has nothing to do with this news, it’s simply bad timing. Just got off the phone with my dawg & he’s doing well. Bigger, better things ahead!”
The Bloodline is still draped in gold, with Roman Reigns holding the Undisputed WWE Universal Championship, and The Usos currently wrestling as the Undisputed WWE Tag Team Champions.
Reigns is slated to defend his title against Logan Paul at the November 5 Crown Jewel premium live event. The real reason why WWE booked this match has now been revealed.
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- WWE Accidentally Leaks Scrapped WrestleMania 39 Plan
- WWE Confirms Vince McMahon An Employee Of The Company
- Big Matt Riddle WWE Update Ahead Of WrestleMania 39
- CM Punk Spotted In Los Angeles With Two AEW Stars (PHOTO)
- The Usos Break Character To Praise Sami Zayn Ahead Of WrestleMania 39
- Triple H Has Big Plans For WWE Raw Star
- Carmella’s Role At WWE WrestleMania 39 Revealed
- Plans For Popular WWE Star ‘On Hold’ Until After WrestleMania 39
- Major Star In Los Angeles Amid WrestleMania 39 Return Rumors
- Upcoming WWE & AEW Events To Air Head To Head?