Sami Zayn is currently on of the most popular stars on SmackDown, and maybe WWE as a whole.
Sami has been a heel on WWE’s main roster since 2017, after spending the first four years of his WWE run as a beloved babyface.
While Sami is one of the best wrestlers on WWE’s roster, what has really taken him to the next level since his turn has been his character and microphone work, which he is hoping to put to use for a long time in WWE, even once his wrestling days are over.
Sami was the most recent guest on Steve Austin’s Broken Skull Sessions, where he was asked about his potential retirement, and if he has any plans for after his in-ring career is over.
Sami said that he is hoping to become like Paul Heyman or Bobby Heenan, and really run his mouth even after his career is over.
“I don’t know, because it could be taken away when you’re not ready for it. ‘Till the wheels fall off, I suppose, and then when they do, I’d love to run my mouth and be Bobby Heenan, be Paul Heyman, or be whoever, you know.”
Sami is currently out of action with an arm injury, and is expected to be out for a few week. You can keep track of all currently injured WWE stars at this link.
transcription via SEScoops
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- Jey Uso Breaks His Silence After Jimmy Uso Betrays Roman Reigns At Night Of Champions 2023
- WWE Star’s Victory Ends 17-Year Streak At Night Of Champions 2023
- PHOTO: WWE Star Buys His Mother A House
- Possible Injury During AEW Double Or Nothing 2023
- Shock Title Change After Suprise Return At AEW Double Or Nothing 2023
- VIDEO: Savage WWE Star Namedrop During Max Caster Rap At AEW Double Or Nothing 2023
- Big Change For AEW Double Or Nothing Setup
- Major Heel Turn Ends AEW Double Or Nothing 2023
- Details On ‘Mandatory’ AEW Backstage Meeting About ‘Dirt Sheets’ Revealed
- VIDEO: What Tiffany Stratton Said To Shawn Michaels Backstage After NXT Women’s Title Win