In a title change that came at the absolute surprise of no-one, as WWE themselves revealed it, there was indeed a title change on tonight’s (February 18) SmackDown show.
Sami Zayn won the 12 Days of Christmas Gauntlet match back on the Christmas Eve episode of SmackDown to earn a shot at the Intercontinental Championship.
Zayn got his opportunity on tonight’s show, and defeated Shinsuke Nakamura to capture the championship for the third time in his career.
Shinsuke Nakamura’s reign is recognised as being 189 days, although technically last 182 as tonight’s show was taped last week. For a full list of Intercontinental Champions, click here.
- Backstage Altercation At AEW Dynamite & Star Sent Home
- Top Free Agent Bandido Signs With AEW
- Big Match Scrapped From October 7 AEW Rampage
- Wrestling World Reacts To Alleged Backstage Altercation At AEW Dynamite
- Update On Investigation Into AEW All Out Backstage Fight
- Tony Khan Reveals Truth About Why He Takes Shots At WWE
- Former WWE Star Announced For Mayweather Vs. Deji Undercard
- Report: Popular AEW Star ‘Trying To Get Fired’
- Saraya Gets Physical For First Time In Four Years On AEW Dynamite
- Sammy Guevara AEW Dynamite Status Update Following Backstage Altercation