A potential update has emerged on Sami Zayn’s WWE contract status, following Kevin Owens confirming that he has signed a new deal with WWE.
It was previously reported that Owens has agreed to a new three-year deal with the company, for roughly $2-3 million per year. As per Dave Meltzer in the latest Wrestling Observer Newsletter, Owens signed his new deal a while back, which led to his main event push.
The report noted that there has been some backstage locker-room talk that Sami Zayn also re-signed with WWE, but it was stated that the Wrestling Observer has yet to confirm if Zayn actually has agreed to a new deal.
TVA Sports previously reported that Zayn’s deal had two and a half years left in April 2019, meaning that it was set to expire around October 2021. Earlier this year however, Fightful was told that Zayn’s deal was not up this Fall, but didn’t provide an estimate on a new contract expiry date.
Zayn has been prominently featured on SmackDown recently. On the November 26 episode, Zayn won a Universal Championship #1 contender battle royal. He was defeated by Roman Reigns for the title in a matter of seconds on the December 3 show, following an attack by Brock Lesnar.
Lesnar once again attacked Zayn on the December 10 edition of SmackDown. The Beast is set to challenge Reigns for the Universal Title at WWE Day 1.
- Backstage Altercation At AEW Dynamite & Star Sent Home
- Big Match Scrapped From October 7 AEW Rampage
- Report: Popular AEW Star ‘Trying To Get Fired’
- AEW Star Has Very Awkward Encounter With CM Punk T-Shirt
- Wrestling World Reacts To Alleged Backstage Altercation At AEW Dynamite
- Update On Investigation Into AEW All Out Backstage Fight
- Tony Khan Reveals Truth About Why He Takes Shots At WWE
- Saraya Gets Physical For First Time In Four Years On AEW Dynamite
- Sammy Guevara AEW Dynamite Status Update Following Backstage Altercation
- Food Network Star Alton Brown Celebrates AEW ‘National Scissoring Day’