The backstage issues in All Elite Wrestling have returned ahead of tonight’s AEW Dynamite anniversary show, when an altercation allegedly took place between Andrade El Idolo and Sammy Guevara.
This came after the two took shots at each other on Twitter over the past 24 hours, culminating with the incident at tonight’s Dynamite show, which you can read the details of here.
The incident led to Andrade El Idolo’s planned mask vs career match with Preston Vance of the Dark Order on this week’s AEW Rampage being scrapped, instead being replaced by a Death Triangle vs Dark Order AEW Trios Championship match.
Andrade El Idolo was reportedly sent home following the incident, but Sammy was scheduled to main event tonight’s episode of Dynamite, teaming with Chris Jericho against Bryan Danielson and Daniel Garcia.
It appears as though only Andrade was sent home following the incident, as AEW continues to advertise the planned tag team match for the main event of the show, even airing a pre-recorded backstage interview with the Jericho Appreciation Society which featured Guevara.
So as it stands, it appears as though the match is set to still take place tonight.
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- WWE Star Slammed For Being A ‘Disrespectful Ripoff’
- WWE Hall Of Famer Criticizes ‘Childish Stuff’ From The Elite
- WWE Spoils Return, AEW Stars Considering Leaving, CM Punk Scrapped Plans Revealed – News Bulletin – November 30, 2022
- Tony Khan Announces Newest AEW Signing
- Ric Flair Calls Fellow WWE Hall Of Famer ‘An Arrogant Prick’
- Vince McMahon’s Reaction To WWE Spending $30,000 On Crazy Purchase
- NXT Star Shocks Fans Calling Fellow Star ‘C*nty’
- The Undertaker Says Current WWE Star Has ‘Never Been A Bigger Star’
- The Usos Hit Another Insane WWE Milestone
- Tony Khan Open To This WWE Hall Of Famer Wrestling For AEW