Eddie Kingston was suspended from AEW for two weeks last month due to a backstage altercation with Sammy Guevara. The suspension led to Kingston and Guevara’s scheduled match for AEW All Out being cancelled.
Both men were a part of the Zero Hour pre-show however, with Kingston defeating NJPW star Tomohiro Ishii, while Guevara and Tay Melo defeated Ortiz and Ruby Soho.
With the suspension behind them, the match finally took place on tonight’s AEW Grand Slam special episode of Rampage, and the incident was referenced before the match.
Guevara came out with a microphone, saying that he is sorry to Kingston, before calling him a ‘fat piece of s**t’, the same quote that led to the altercation between the two.
The finish of tonight’s match saw more controversy, when Kingston nailed Guevara with three spinning backfists, before he put him to sleep with a Dragon Sleeper.
However, Kingston would not release the hold, leading to AEW security running to the ring to pull Kingston off. When Kingston still refused, the decision was reversed, and Guevara was announced as the winner of the match.
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- ‘Heavy Heat’ On AEW Name For Recent Botch
- Mustafa Ali Makes Announcement About His Future After WWE Release
- ‘You Become A Liability’ – Current WWE Name Breaks Silence On Matt Riddle Being Released
- Becky Lynch Gives Brutally Honest Assessment Of WWE Women’s Booking
- Tony Khan Apologizes For Technical Issues During AEW Dynamite
- Big Change To WWE Fastlane Match Confirmed?
- Rare Roman Reigns Match Added To Upcoming WWE Show
- Another Potential AEW WrestleDream Match Revealed
- Update On WWE ‘Breach Of Contract’ Case
- AEW Star Medically Cleared Last-Minute For Dynamite Match