AEW star MJF has made a habit of suggesting he won’t renew his contract with the promotion when it expires in 2024, and that his next destination would be WWE, and as we saw from Fightful Select’s report last night, he might not be joking.
The report is that MJF is genuinely frustrated at his current contract situation, and that there is every chance he won’t renew his contract with AEW. Dave Meltzer has written in the latest Wrestling Observer Newsletter that unless MJF actually requests his release or is released before the end of his contract, we don’t need to worry about it.
One person who is worrying about it however appears to be fellow AEW star Sammy Guevara, who quote tweeted Fightful’s report, with the caption “I hope he doesn’t” with a praying hands emoji.
I hope he doesn’t ?? https://t.co/5gXtooq9Mo
— sammy guevara (@sammyguevara) May 12, 2022
Meltzer added in the Observer Newsletter that WWE view MJF as a star of the future given he’s just 26-years-old, and perhaps someone who can be a main event talent for many years to come.
It may be that a number of things change between now and the end of his contract, but perhaps in two years time we’ll be talking about new WWE star, Maxwell.
- Report: WWE ‘Working On Deal’ For Cristiano Ronaldo To Appear
- WWE Star Set To Debut Brand New Look
- WWE Star Returns For First Televised Match In 11 Months
- Report: WWE Terminates Relationship Over ‘Breach Of Contract’
- AEW Stars Announce Wedding Date
- Another Top WWE Star’s Contract Expiring In 2024
- Shock Title Change As AEW Star Seemingly Injured During Match At Dynamite Grand Slam
- Former AEW Star Says Company Has ‘Too Much Freedom’
- Update On Ex-AEW Name’s Domestic Violence Arrest
- Report: Vince McMahon Used A Cane To Walk At WWE Employee Meeting