Samoa Joe has discussed his time behind the Raw announcer’s table, revealing his favorite part of doing WWE commentary.
Prior to his WWE release in April, Samoa Joe acted as a commentator for Monday Night Raw. Joe has admitted that popping the boys was one of the most rewarding parts of the job.
Speaking to Ryan Satin on Out of Character, Joe noted his respect for Michael Cole and Tom Phillips. Pointing out the role is a high-stress job, Joe said:
“It sounds selfish, but just popping the boys. Guys would like calls that I did or I made something sound cool that they did. ‘That was cool man, I liked that.’ ‘No problem.’ It’s a high-stress job, it’s crazy. It’s live television and a lot of times changes and revisions are being made on the fly and you have to hit the mark when it comes to it. Make no mistake, the man who sits as the main commentator on Raw or SmackDown, that is a multi-tasker beyond belief.
“My respect for Michael Cole or Tom (Phillips) or anyone who sits in that chair and has to direct that traffic, you may think you have a stressful job, but it’s probably the most unique and high-pressure job in sports. It takes a special individual to do that job. I do not envy that task. Being part of the commentary team makes me appreciate the production process even more and the incredible amount of effort that goes into Raw and SmackDown.”
Following this reveal, Joe listed a number of NXT stars that he’d love to step into the ring with.
Quote via Fightful.
- Matt Riddle Released By WWE
- Released WWE Star Reveals New Name?
- WWE Higher-Up Addresses Matt Riddle Being Released
- Major LA Knight SmackDown Plans Pulled Due To COVID-19
- Dominik Mysterio Reacts To Recent WWE Releases
- Update On Former WWE Stars Signing New WWE Deals
- Released WWE Star ‘Promises To Keep Going’ Following Release
- WWE Tag Team Returns On SmackDown
- WWE Files Several New Trademark Filings
- WWE Legend Shares Heartfelt Message For Dolph Ziggler After Release