Samoa Joe faced Karrion Kross for the NXT Championship at TakeOver 36. Karrion Kross has been wrestling on Raw of late. So, it seemed likely that Joe would walk out holding the NXT Title.
That’s exactly what happened. Samoa Joe hit the Muscle Buster and pinned Karrion Kross to become the first 3-time NXT Champion. Samoa Joe carries the title into the next era of NXT.
Changes to NXT have now been confirmed by Nick Khan. What exactly that will mean for the current crop of wrestlers has yet to be seen.
The legendary @SamoaJoe has dethroned @WWEKarrionKross to become the NEW #NXTChampion at #NXTTakeOver! pic.twitter.com/S9vC0UKbqw
— WWE NXT (@WWENXT) August 23, 2021
However, Samoa Joe seems like a good guy to lead them. How long will he remain champion? My guess is not long at all.
Given he didn’t really come in to be a roster member, I could easily see him giving up the title and NXT having a tournament for the title. Or, an up-and-coming star could take it off him fairly quickly. We’ll just have to see.
Whatever happens, congratulations to Samoa Joe on his record-breaking NXT Title win.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- Yet Another Star Pulled From WWE Raw
- WWE Star Cleared For Return After Concerning ‘Situation’
- Update On Plans For WWE Star Leaving The Company?
- Latest Development In AEW Luchasaurus Lawsuit
- Update On WWE’s Plans For After WrestleMania
- Tony Khan Uses WWE’s ‘Sworn Court Filings’ To Fire Back At Criticism Of AEW
- Update On Roman Reigns’ Post-WrestleMania Schedule
- Batista’s Status For 2023 WWE Hall Of Fame Revealed
- AEW Stopped Wrestling Veteran From Retiring
- NJPW Star Set For AEW Dynamite Appearance?