Samoa Joe recently spoke about his experiences working with Brock Lesnar, detailing the “unspoken gentlemen’s agreement” the duo shared.
Brock Lesnar and Samoa Joe first did battle at Great Balls of Fire in 2017 for the Universal Championship. The two wrestlers met in the ring again later that year in a four-way title match.
Speaking with Matty Paddock of Daily Star, Joe argued that he and Lesnar have good in-ring chemistry, as they both want chaos and destruction. Explaining what Brock Lesnar wants from his opponents, Joe said:
“I think it really comes down to the simple fact that, when Brock shows up for fight night, he wants to be in a scrap. He wants to go out there and he wants someone who is going to smash someone in the face, and he wants to smash somebody back! Brock knew he had that with me – he understood, and I understood I had to have that with Brock.
“It’s an attitude. He wants people to go in there and go after him. It is all of those things. I think that was the simplistic but major reason that we click the way we do; we step in the ring and we’re stepping in there for chaos and destruction to happen, and nothing less than that. I guess it’s some weird, unspoken gentlemen’s agreement we have!”
Lesnar made his WWE return at SummerSlam, confronting Roman Reigns after the Universal Championship main-event. The Beast will reportedly be on the babyface side of the SmackDown roster going forward.
It was also reported that Lesnar’s new WWE deal has him in the company for “roughly a year and a half, and at least 8 matches”.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- Former WWE Name Makes AEW In-Ring Debut At House Rules
- ‘Internal Rumblings’ Regarding Major WWE Star’s Return
- Downstait React To Cody Rhodes WWE 2K23 Theme Song Issues
- AEW Star Makes Return From Injury At AEW House Rules
- Tony Khan Recently Had A Meeting To Amend Strained AEW Relationship
- Tony Khan Shares Peek At A Page Of His Notebook
- Cody Rhodes Set For Interesting First-Time-Ever Match With Potential Post-WrestleMania Implications
- Popular AEW Star Reveals Why He Deleted Twitter
- ‘Stone Cold’ Steve Austin Hated This Iconic Match From His Career
- WWE Name Believes This Bloodline Member Is The ‘Best, Most Complete Superstar In The Game’