Samoa Joe has been on the Raw commentary team for a few months due to injury, and here’s an update on his in-ring future with WWE.
Joe suffered a concussion while filming a commercial in February and has been out of the ring ever since, and pretty much everyone has enjoyed his work on commentary.
On Wrestling Observer Radio, Dave Meltzer responded to a question asking whether Joe’s in-ring career was over, saying:
“Probably not, but for now, he does such a great job with announcing and he’s had a lot of concussions, but for now he’s doing this. I know that when he first did the announcing, and of course things changed, I was told that it was temporary because he’s too valuable as a talent to have him as an announcer. But obviously, minds changed from when I was told that to when they decided to revamp it and he is great as an announcer. In theory, he’s supposed to wrestle again but who knows.”
Samoa Joe getting physical has been teased recently in segments with Seth Rollins who he was in a program with before the injury, but as of yet nothing’s been followed up on.
Stay tuned to WrestleTalk.com for any further updates on Joe’s condition and future.
- WWE Announces Change To Money In The Bank Location
- MJF Says ‘F**k This Place’ In Response To Tony Khan’s Comments About Him
- Full Audio: Pre-AEW Double Or Nothing Media Call With Tony Khan
- Happy Corbin Welcomes Tyler Breeze Back At SmackDown Taping (Video)
- CM Punk Mocks WWE With Their Own History After Changing MITB Location
- Tony Khan Addresses MJF Mentioning AEW Contract Issues On TV
- Backstage Heat With CM Punk Leads To Colt Cabana Missing AEW Shows?
- Several Huge Stars Removed From WWE Money In The Bank Advertising?
- Former WWE Agents Claim Kevin Owens & Sami Zayn Were Hard To Work With
- Which Stars WWE Meant When Claiming Sasha Banks & Naomi Didn’t Want To Work With Them