SANADA officially vacated the IWGP United States Championship at Saturday’s (April 9) NJPW Hyper Battle event.
During the show, SANADA took to the ring to note that he doesn’t know when he’s expected to return to the ring, so is relinquishing the title.
SANADA made an argument that former champion Hiroshi Tanahashi should reclaim the title, before Will Ospreay stated that he should get the gold, after putting SANADA on the shelf.
Tanahashi ultimately challenged Ospreay to a match for the vacant title at Wrestling Dontaku on May 1.
SANADA had defeated Tanahashi for the US Title in February, during the Golden Series tour. He fractured his orbital bone in his New Japan Cup match against Will Ospreay.
There is currently no timetable on SANADA’s return to the ring.
We wish SANADA a safe and healthy recovery.
- Karrion Kross’ Status For WWE Clash At The Castle Main Event Revealed
- Big Name Fired By WWE, Triple H Re-Signs Another Released Star, Logan Paul Backstage Heat – News Bulletin – August 9, 2022
- Dexter Lumis Returns On WWE Raw
- Several Johnny Gargano References Made On WWE Raw
- WWE Finds Another $5 Million In Payments By Vince McMahon That Should Have Been Classed As Company Expenses
- Hilarious Video Of Tony Khan At Sammy Guevara & Tay Conti’s Wedding
- WWE 2K23 Officially Confirmed, Release Date Window Revealed?
- AEW Star Malakai Black Reveals He Recently Survived Career-Threatening Injury
- WWE Star Calls Out Logan Paul For Not Following Backstage Etiquette
- Tony Khan Drops Huge Tease For AEW ‘Quake By The Lake’