As Santos Escobar gears up for his NXT Championship Match at Vengeance Day, a new challenger has arrived in Raw’s Dolph Ziggler.
Ziggler appeared on last week’s episode of NXT 2.0 to stake claim to the next opportunity. He joined AJ Styles in main roster stars recently showing up on the Tuesday night show.
Speaking with Mike Johnson of PWInsider, Santos Escobar was asked which WWE main roster talent he would want to face in NXT.
Escobar unsurprisingly answered a choice close to his lucha libre heart:
Well first of all I think, to have such amazing superstars like AJ and Dolph show up to NXT speaks volumes of what we’re doing in the brand because if they’re willing to come on their day off, it means we’re doing something right.
To your question, I would love to have maybe Rey Mysterio or Dominic, so we can, you know, throw down.
A dream match with Escobar against either Mysterio would be a compelling matchup to bring to NXT 2.0.
The brand will present their Vengeance Day special this Tuesday at 8PM ET on the SyFy Network, headlined by Santos Escobar challenging Bron Breakker for the NXT Championship.
Transcription via Wrestling Inc.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- Kenny Omega On Comparisons To Former WWE Champion: ‘I Take The L’
- AEW All In Surpasses Impressive WWE Event Record
- VIDEO: MJF Pays Homage To WWE Star At AEW Double Or Nothing 2023
- WWE Raw Star Zoey Stark Explains Alliance With Trish Stratus
- PHOTO: CM Punk Spotted With AEW Star After Double Or Nothing
- Injury Update After AEW Anarchy In The Arena Match At Double Or Nothing
- WWE Star Makes History With Huge Title Win
- Rhea Ripley & Dominik Mysterio Respond To Being Namedropped At AEW Double Or Nothing
- Tony Khan Courting Goldberg For AEW All In?
- Backstage Praise For AEW Star At Double Or Nothing