Saraya (fka WWE’s Paige) has revealed the true pronunciation of her name, following her shock AEW debut.
The former Diva’s Champion made a surprise appearance at Dynamite: Grand Slam. Following the debut, Tony Khan confirmed that Saraya is All Elite.
The former ‘Paige’ reintroduced herself to the world with her real name, Saraya, after becoming a free agent when her WWE contract expired in July.
Saraya has now revealed that a lot of people have been pronouncing her name wrong, including the commentary team during her debut.
The popular star tweeted:
“It’s pronounced Sir-rey-uh”
Saraya last wrestled during the December 2017, before announcing her in-ring retirement in April 2018, due to a neck injury. When announcing her WWE departure, Saraya confirmed that she planned to work towards a wrestling return.
Following some confusion about her status with the company, a recent report noted that Saraya isn’t currently cleared to wrestle, but hopes to be in the near future.
Saraya has since reacted to this report, which you can read more about right here.
Check out a list of every WWE departure of 2022 at this link.
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- Major WWE Target To Become Free Agent In January 2024
- WWE Star Teases Potential Free Agent Target
- WWE Creative Plans Changed For Two Stars Due To ‘Tremendous Support’ Backstage
- Big Departure From AEW Confirmed
- Braun Strowman WWE Status Update After Serious Neck Surgery
- WWE Star Makes In-Ring Return After Reported Concussion
- Video Footage Of Fan Jumping Barricade To Confront WWE Star At Untelevised Event
- Another WWE Star Trying To Join Judgment Day
- Big Update On WWE 2K24 Release Plans
- WWE Star Reacts To Fan Jumping Barricade At Live Event