AEW star Saraya has recalled Triple H’s reaction to her WWE departure, revealing what he offered her to stay with WWE.
The former ‘Paige’ became a free agent in early July 2022, under the previous WWE regime. She made her AEW debut that September, before returning to the ring at November’s Full Gear pay-per-view.
This bout was Saraya’s first since December 2017, with the star previously announcing her wrestling retirement in April 2018 due to a serious neck injury.
Speaking with Metro, Saraya noted that Triple H offered her an onscreen general manager role under his regime, with the possibility of wrestling again.
Recalling Triple H’s reaction to her departure, Saraya said:
“Man, I do love Hunter, he’s so fantastic. He was like, ‘Wait what happened?!’
“I was like, ‘I dunno, they haven’t renewed my contract’. He was like, ‘Oh my gosh! Well I didn’t know that, so I’m sorry!’ He was really fantastic.
“He did give me the opportunity to potentially be a GM again, and give me the opportunity to be like, ‘If you ever potentially want to wrestle again, I’ll give you that opportunity too’. He was very open about any ideas that I had.”
Triple H has been running WWE creative as the company’s Chief Content Officer since Vince McMahon’s July 2022 departure.
McMahon has now returned to the WWE board of directors, prompting speculation that he will soon take over creative.
For details on how McMahon could regain control of creative soon, click here.
Think you’re a wrestling mastermind? Well you can prove it by taking quizzes in our brand new quiz section! Don’t forget to tweet us your results!
- Report: How ‘Majority’ Of AEW Roster Feel Toward CM Punk Revealed
- Report: WWE To Introduce New Championship Belt ‘Soon’
- Potential Spoiler On Change To WrestleMania 39 Match
- Next WWE Hall Of Fame 2023 Inductee Announced
- AEW Name Opens Up About Training Action Star’s Daughter
- Major Change Confirmed For WrestleMania 39 Match
- What Happened In Cody Rhodes’ Massive Pre-WrestleMania Match Against Solo Sikoa
- Popular WWE Team To Potentially Reunite After WrestleMania
- Vince McMahon Era Rule ‘Effectively Dead’ Under Triple H
- Former WWE Star Announces Retirement