Sasha Banks and Bianca Belair were two of the most tweeted-about female athletes in 2021, as per Front Office Sports.
Banks received the #3 spot on the list, behind Simone Biles at #1, and Naomi Osaka at #2. Bianca Belair earned the #5 spot.
2021's Most Tweeted About Female Athletes ?
1️⃣ Simone Biles
2️⃣ Naomi Osaka
3️⃣ Sasha Banks
4️⃣ Serena Williams
5️⃣ Bianca Belair pic.twitter.com/AF4NvRrmq1
— Front Office Sports (@FOS) December 9, 2021
Both The Boss and The EST hit the ground running in 2021, with Sasha Banks entering the year as SmackDown Women’s Champion, and Belair winning the women’s Royal Rumble match in January.
Belair would go on to defeat Banks for the gold in the main event of WrestleMania 37 night 1, in the first women’s singles bout to headline the Show of Shows.
Belair held the SmackDown Women’s Championship for 132 days, before losing the gold to Becky Lynch at SummerSlam.
WWE and Stephanie McMahon have taken to Twitter to congratulate the two top stars. Sasha Banks has also reacted to the list:
Love you @WWEUniverse https://t.co/YFmQQGajE4
— Mercedes Varnado (@SashaBanksWWE) December 9, 2021
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- Irate Jon Moxley Responds To CM Punk In Expletive-Filled Retort
- Report: How ‘Majority’ Of AEW Roster Feel Toward CM Punk Revealed
- Next WWE Hall Of Fame 2023 Inductee Announced
- Potential Spoiler On Change To WrestleMania 39 Match
- What Happened In Cody Rhodes’ Massive Pre-WrestleMania Match Against Solo Sikoa
- Major Change Confirmed For WrestleMania 39 Match
- Major AEW Star To Be Out ‘For A While’ After Suffering Legitimate Injury
- Vince McMahon Era Rule ‘Effectively Dead’ Under Triple H
- Popular WWE Team To Potentially Reunite After WrestleMania
- WWE Star Debuts New Entrance Theme On Pre-WrestleMania Raw