WWE SmackDown star Sasha Banks has called for Hall of Famer Trish Stratus to come out of retirement for a dream match.
At SummerSlam 2019, Stratus had said that her loss to Charlotte Flair would be her final match, but this is wrestling, and if you didn’t realise by now, saying something like that usually doesn’t really mean anything.
Banks has previously said she wants to face Stratus at a potential Evolution 2 event, and in a new interview with WWE Deutschland she ramped that up even more, saying:
“Man, this girl is dodging me. I’m waiting for Trish. I’m ready, I’m here. Whenever she’s free and wants to fight the ‘Legit Boss’, the greatest of all time, she can come find me, she knows where I’m at. She has my number, she has Vince’s number too.”
Sasha Banks is scheduled to challenge Bianca Belair for the SmackDown Women’s Championship at SummerSlam tomorrow night.
There had been concerns that the match could have been off the card after both Banks and Belair missed last weekend’s WWE house shows due to “unforseen circumstances”, but the latest reports have stated they’re both cleared and the match is still set to go ahead.
Quote via WrestlingNews.co
- Dakota Kai Teases War Games For WWE Clash At The Castle
- William Regal Believes NXT UK Stars Have Been Treated Fairly
- Jon Moxley To Face Nick Gage In GCW Title Vs Career Match
- Ronda Rousey Pokes Fun At WWE ‘Budget Cuts’
- WWE Raw After WrestleMania 39 Location Revealed
- Matt Hardy Says Triple H Taking Over WWE Creative Opens The Door For Many Returns
- Corey Graves Having More Fun On WWE Commentary With Triple H In Charge
- Kane Provides Huge Update On Wrestling Future
- PROGRESS Chapter 137 Results: New World Champion Crowned
- Inaugural NJPW STRONG Openweight Tag Team Champions Crowned