WWE star Sasha Banks has compared her modeling debut to the first time she wrestled.
On May 16, Sasha Banks and Naomi made headlines by walking out on WWE after creative differences with Vince McMahon and John Laurinaitis. The duo was subsequently suspended and stripped of the WWE Women’s Tag Team Championships.
The former champions were back in the headlines over the weekend after making their modeling debut, walking the runway at New York Fashion Week.
In a recent interview with Page Six, Banks discussed her debut and compared it to her in-ring wrestling debut.
“It felt chaotic. It felt like my first wrestling match all over again! I’m back to being the new girl. It felt like everyone was like, ‘Who’s this? Who’s taking my spot?’ But I just had to walk in with confidence like I knew what I was doing because this has been a dream of mine for such a long time, to be in the modeling space.”
As previously mentioned, Sasha Banks wants to own the IP of the characters that she creates, which you can read here.
Transcription via Fightful
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- Official WrestleMania 39 Night One & Two Lineups Revealed
- Newest Update On Bobby Lashley Vs. Bray Wyatt WrestleMania 39 Status
- Report: AEW Star’s Contract Has Expired
- Clarification On WrestleMania 39 Night One Main Event
- Former WWE Star Arrives In Los Angeles Amid WrestleMania 39 Appearance Rumours
- Update On Legitimate Injury During AEW Dynamite
- Potential Spoiler On Major Musical Artist Set For WrestleMania 39
- AEW Name Reveals Heartwarming Text From Rey Mysterio After Hall Of Fame Announcement
- This NXT Star Trained Vince McMahon & Steve Austin For WrestleMania Matches
- Latest On Plans For AEW UK Debut