Former WWE Raw Women’s Champion and Women’s Tag Team Champion Sasha Banks has named her dream opponent for an Evolution 2 event.
There had been rumours that WWE had been looking at holding another all-women’s event and reports pointed towards it being the week after SummerSlam, but obviously that ended up being Payback instead.
Nonetheless, speaking on D-Von Dudley’s podcast, Banks named Trish Stratus as her dream opponent, saying:
“If I could choose anybody? Trish Stratus. I would lose my mind. But honestly, there are so many people. I would like to have a match with anybody I have not had a match with before. Trish Stratus was the top of the women’s division of her time. She was the best. She was beautiful. She was athletic and she inspired me. I have a bunch of her stuff. I remember going to the Eddie Guerrero tribute show and she had this pink shirt on and I saw that shirt at a store and I was like, I need that shirt because Trish Stratus had that shirt. Trish Stratus was always the one. When I finally got to meet her and work with her, I fell more in love with her. She is the most amazing beautiful human being I’ve ever met. Not only did she inspire me in the ring, she inspires me for what she does outside of the ring as well.”
At the first – and so far only – Evolution special, Banks teamed with Bayley and Natalya to pick up a win over the Riott Squad.
Quote via WrestlingNews.co
- WWE Star Set For Big Push Heading Into WrestleMania 40
- WWE Star Pulled From Elimination Chamber Card Reacts To Event
- WWE Star Wants Rubber Match Against Major Free Agent
- Jack Perry ‘Scapegoat’ Video Airs Ahead Of In-Ring Return
- WWE Star Earns Second Place At Jiu Jitsu World League Tournament
- Top WWE Star Pushing To Return From Injury Before WrestleMania 40
- Absent WWE Star Makes Public Appearance Ahead Of In-Ring Return
- AEW Star Pulled From Collision Due To Illness, Replacement Announced
- Spoiler On Popular AEW Star’s Upcoming Return
- What Happened After Kazuchika Okada NJPW Farewell Match