Former WWE Women’s Champion Sasha Banks has spoken about characters she has created and played.
From her WWE ‘The Boss’ character to her portrayal of Koska Reeves in The Mandalorian, Banks has made a name for herself in several entertainment avenues for her work under different personas.
Speaking on Ahch-To Radio, Banks stated that she wants to own the IP for the characters that she personally helps to develop, including her wrestling persona, noting:
“You always want to create characters to portray and live by. You’re (host) a character right now. I’m sure once you get off your headsets, you’re someone completely different. We’re always portraying different characters in every different moment of our time.
“For me, it’s really just owning my own IP (Intellectual Property) and owning the character behind the character and really defining, who is the character that is playing the character. It’s really just finding yourself.
“When it comes to even wrestling, that’s a character that I come up with and I portray myself and you have your writers coming in and giving a little more details of what they see for it.
“It’s really when it comes to characters in your life, it’s what you see for that character because only you know how you’re going to play it and only you know how you see the vision of that character,” she said.
Banks hasn’t appeared on WWE TV since walking out on the May 16 edition of WWE Raw with Naomi. It was reported in August that the duo had agreed in principle to make their returns.
Transcription via Fightful.
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- WWE Announces New Commentary Teams For Raw, SmackDown & NXT
- WWE Raw Name Gone From WWE
- Former WWE Tough Enough Winner Sara Lee Passes Away
- Spoiler On Return Set For WWE SmackDown
- Report: ‘Uncooperative’ Party Threatening Legal Action Delaying AEW CM Punk/EVPs Investigation
- Top Free Agent Receives Offer From WWE, Addresses AEW Signing Reports
- Wrestling Stars Honor Sara Lee After Tragic Passing
- Identity Of ‘WWE Champion’ On Mayweather Vs Deji Boxing Undercard Revealed
- Report: Porn Offer For Recently Departed WWE Star
- Another Former WWE Name Returns