It appears as though WWE star Sasha Banks may have suffered an injury during a live event match with Charlotte Flair.
According to Mike Johnson of PWInsider, Banks suffered an apparent leg or knee injury during the match in Fayetteville, North Carolina.
Johnson reports Banks landed awkwardly following a backbreaker spot, and remained on the canvas for some time. The match was quickly brought to an end, and Banks was helped to the back by officials.
This could have been the spot? Looks like her leg is under pic.twitter.com/nFPme5bsh0
— BXsavageschasn28snz (@MikeDesorbo1) January 3, 2022
Thankfully, it appears as though the injury may not be as severe as first thought, as Banks has provided the below update, thanking fans for their support in the process.
Thank you for the love always.
— Mercedes Varnado (@SashaBanksWWE) January 3, 2022
Great to hear that Sasha is doing well. The last thing she or WWE needed is a lengthy injury to one of its biggest stars.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- Kenny Omega On Comparisons To Former WWE Champion: ‘I Take The L’
- AEW All In Surpasses Impressive WWE Event Record
- VIDEO: MJF Pays Homage To WWE Star At AEW Double Or Nothing 2023
- WWE Raw Star Zoey Stark Explains Alliance With Trish Stratus
- PHOTO: CM Punk Spotted With AEW Star After Double Or Nothing
- Injury Update After AEW Anarchy In The Arena Match At Double Or Nothing
- Rhea Ripley & Dominik Mysterio Respond To Being Namedropped At AEW Double Or Nothing
- WWE Star Makes History With Huge Title Win
- Backstage Praise For AEW Star At Double Or Nothing
- Jade Cargill Breaks Silence After AEW Double Or Nothing 2023 Loss