A scrapped name for Chris Jericho’s ‘Jericho Appreciation Society’ AEW faction has now been revealed.
On the March 9 edition of AEW Dynamite, Jericho attacked Eddie Kingston, Santana and Ortiz, aligning himself with 2.0, Jake Hager and Daniel Garcia. It was later revealed that this new group will be known as the Jericho Appreciation Society moving forward.
Speaking on Talk Is Jericho, Chris revealed that the stable was initially going to be called The Citadel. Explaining the origins of the faction’s current name, Jericho said:
“The original idea for this whole plan, the name of it was going to be The Citadel. I thought The Citadel was great. I said it to Tony and there was no pop for it whatsoever. I was like, ‘The Citadel sucks. I need something better.’
“I was looking at the Art Appreciation Society or something like that, some weird email of ‘if you like this, maybe you should check out the Art Appreciation Society in downtown Detroit.’ Then, The Jericho Appreciation Society was just cheesy enough. It’s pretentious.”
At Double or Nothing on Sunday, the Jericho Appreciation Society will do battle with Kingston, Santana, Ortiz, Jon Moxley & Bryan Danielson in an Anarchy in the Arena bout.
Check out the updated line-up for this weekend’s pay-per-view right here.
Transcription via Fightful.
- AEW’s Miro Seemingly Agrees He ‘Had It Better’ In WWE
- Latest On AEW Stars Missing From ‘AEW: Fight Forever’ Roster
- The Latest Cryptic Bray Wyatt Tweet Has Dropped Amid WWE Return Speculation
- Several WWE Talents Have Had ‘Direct Meetings’ With Triple H Regarding Creative
- NXT Star Tatum Paxley Injured At House Show
- Asuka Teases Mystery Partner For Women’s Tag Team Championship Tournament
- Latest On Lacey Evans WWE Status After SmackDown Absence
- FTR Announced For AEW Dynamite: Quake By The Lake
- Finn Balor Vs Rey Mysterio Added To August 8 WWE Raw
- WWE Star Angel Teases Return To Old Ring Name