A scrapped name for the WWE faction of Sheamus, Ridge Holland and Butch appears to have potentially come to light.
This past Friday on SmackDown, the group was dubbed the ‘Brawling Brutes’, which was the first time they’ve been given an official name with graphics.
However, an interesting kink to the story is that, last week, WWE had actually filed to trademark ‘Bloody Brutes’.
Now there’s a very slim chance this is a coincidence and the Bloody Brutes trademark is/was for something else, but it would definitely seem more likely that WWE had originally planned to call them that and then changed their minds.
On this past Friday’s SmackDown, Butch lost to Xavier Woods, and next week, the full Brawling Brutes trio will face Woods, Kofi Kingston and mystery partner in a six-man tag match.
You can keep up with all WWE trademark filings of the year at this link.
- Former WWE Star Banned From Sting’s AEW Retirement Match
- Former WWE Star Alleges Incident ‘Worse’ Than Recent Vince McMahon Lawsuit
- Cody Rhodes Breaks Silence After Bloodline Attack On WWE Raw
- Cara Pipia Claims Ashley Massaro Was ‘Threatened’ To Keep Quiet About Alleged Rape, Vince McMahon & Stephanie McMahon Named
- ‘Massive Issue’ Caused By New Policy For Sasha Banks/Mercedes Mone AEW Debut Show
- WWE Star Seemingly Turning Heel
- Untelevised Footage Of CM Punk Comments After WWE Raw Went Off Air
- WWE Star Confirms Torn ACL Injury
- WWE Star Not Seen For Six Months Teases Feud With Gunther
- Dominik Mysterio Addresses Claim WWE Crowd Reaction Is Fake