A new report has revealed scrapped plans for Scarlett to manage a WWE star that isn’t Karrion Kross.
In 2020, Karrion Kross signed with WWE and would soon debut for the NXT brand later that summer alongside his real life wife Scarlett.
Per Fightful Select, there were some pitches for Scarlett prior to Kross’ arrival in the company when NXT jumped to cable in 2019.
Sources have indicated that Scarlett was originally set to manage Damian Priest as far back as September 2019 in the first few weeks of the brand on the USA Network.
However, Priest didn’t think the fit was good for him and passed on the spot.
Some within NXT actually thought the act was going to make TV up until the week it was nixed.
After Priest passed on the idea, Scarlett’s character was put on the backburner until Karrion Kross arrived in the promotion.
Karrion Kross and Scarlett were released from WWE in 2021. However, they re-signed to the company and returned on the August 5 edition of SmackDown.
Kross will face Drew McIntyre in a Steel Cage Match at this Saturday’s WWE Crown Jewel event.
For the full lineup for the show, click here.
Stay up to date with the WWE roster’s win-loss record (for televised matches) at this link.
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- Update On Backstage Heat Between Triple H & Top WWE Star
- Rey Mysterio Gives Honest Thoughts On Dominik Mysterio’s Character
- Major WWE Contract Expiring After WrestleMania 39
- Major Roxanne Perez Update For NXT Stand & Deliver
- Report: WWE Talent Morale Affected By Vince McMahon Concerns
- ‘Sentimental’ Special Entrance Planned For Top WWE Star At WrestleMania 39
- More On Rumored New WWE Championship Belt
- Hilarious Guess From WWE Week On Wheel Of Fortune [VIDEO]
- Surprise Ambush To End WWE NXT
- Former WWE Star Opens Up About Pregnancy