A report has discussed scrapped plans for the debut of a new WWE faction, involving a recently released WWE star.
This week Chelsea Green, among other stars, was released from her WWE contract. A recent report has detailed plans for a female faction that ultimately never materialised.
As per Fightful Select (subscription required), Chelsea Green, Vanessa Borne and Santana Garrett were originally intended to make their main roster debuts together. This “Pussycat Dolls meets Charlie’s Angels” style group was planned to join WWE programming in early 2020.
It was noted that the competitors met with writers to discuss the idea, but for one reason or another, these plans never made it to TV.
Vanessa Borne was “called up” to the main roster early last year. She has not competed for WWE since January 2020, however. Chelsea Green made her SmackDown debut in November, unfortunately injuring her arm during her first match on the Blue Brand.
Santana Garrett hasn’t wrestled since the 2021 women’s Royal Rumble match, her first bout on the main roster.
Green was released on April 15, along with the likes of Samoa Joe, Peyton Royce and Billie Kay. Green reacted to the news on Twitter, reflecting on her WWE career.
Another star that has now departed from WWE was Bo Dallas. According to another recent report, Dallas had been backstage at recent WWE shows prior to his release.
- Dakota Kai Teases War Games For WWE Clash At The Castle
- William Regal Believes NXT UK Stars Have Been Treated Fairly
- Jon Moxley To Face Nick Gage In GCW Title Vs Career Match
- Ronda Rousey Pokes Fun At WWE ‘Budget Cuts’
- Matt Hardy Says Triple H Taking Over WWE Creative Opens The Door For Many Returns
- WWE Raw After WrestleMania 39 Location Revealed
- Corey Graves Having More Fun On WWE Commentary With Triple H In Charge
- Kane Provides Huge Update On Wrestling Future
- PROGRESS Chapter 137 Results: New World Champion Crowned
- Inaugural NJPW STRONG Openweight Tag Team Champions Crowned