At Payback tomorrow night, we are going to see Sasha Banks and Bayley defended their Women’s Tag Team titles against Nia Jax and Shayna Baszler. However, this might not have been the match WWE always planned on putting on.
On Instagram yesterday, WWE posted an advertisement to promote the show. The photo showed Sasha Banks and Bayley defending their tag team titles against Shayna Baszler and Asuka instead of Asuka and Nia Jax.
While this could just be a mistake by WWE, it actually probably would have made more sense for Shayna Baszler to team with Asuka at Payback as opposed to Nia Jax, so perhaps this was a match that WWE scrapped.
The week before SummerSlam, Shayna Baszler teamed with Asuka to take on and actually defeat Sasha Banks and Bayley. As they’d already beaten The Golden Role Models, it would have mde sense for Asuka and Baszler to get the title shot at Payback.
There are have no official reports indicating that this was the plan for WWE. However, make sure you stay tuned to WrestleTalk.com for the latest updates on the matches that were potentially planned for Payback.
WrestleTalk.com will also have live coverage of tomorrow night’s SummerSlam show, which will feature Keith Lee vs. Randy Orton and the in-ring return of Roman Reigns.
- NXT Star Works Another WWE Main Roster Show Amid Call-Up Rumors
- WWE Star Claims He Was Released Due To ‘Backstage Political Power Play’
- Cody Rhodes Next WWE Feud Revealed?
- Christian Cage Wins TNT Championship On AEW Collision & First Defense Revealed
- Anoa’i Family Member Pitches Two New Members Of The Bloodline
- Released WWE Star Reveals They Requested Their Release
- Big Update On Becky Lynch’s NXT Future
- Championship Matches Added To AEW WrestleDream 2023
- Last Minute Change To AEW Collision
- Real Reason For WWE Star’s Character Change